Old 09-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Thomas Dineen

Default Network Interface Question

Gentle People:

I have a Fedora 14 Desktop that I am quite happy with!
Great software!

But when I boot it up the ethernet network Interfaces come
up in the disabled state, and after login I have to turn them
on from the menu icon located in the upper right hand
corner of the screen!

I am planning to build a Fedora 14 file server next, so I
wonder is there a way to get the network interfaces to be
enabled automatically at boot? I know that both Red Hat
7.2 and 9.0 do this.

Thanks for the help.
Thomas Dineen

Old 09-16-2011, 07:49 PM
"j.e.aneiros"

Could you check if the interface is enabled on booting?
You could use something like
grep ONBOOT /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth[0-9]

--janeiros

* * * I have a Fedora 14 Desktop that I am quite happy with!

Great software!

* * * But when I boot it up the ethernet network Interfaces come

up in the disabled state, and after login I have to turn them

on from the menu icon located in the upper right hand

corner of the screen!

* * I am planning to build a Fedora 14 file server next, so I

wonder is there a way to get the network interfaces to be

enabled automatically at boot? I know that both Red Hat

7.2 and 9.0 do this.

Thanks for the help.

Thomas Dineen

J. E. AneirosGNU/Linux User #190716 en http://counter.li.orgperl -e '$_=pack(c5,0105,0107,0123,0132,(1<<3)+2);y[A-Z][N-ZA-M];print;'
PK fingerprint: 5179 917E 5B34 F073 E11A *AFB3 4CB3 5301 4A80 F674