Old 09-28-2010, 04:19 PM
"Janne Nyman"

Default Dell HSPA 5530 - Built-in 3G - Not detected

Hi all,

I have been trying to get CentOS 5.5 running on my Laptop for a while now.
I am currently running Fedora 13 for the only reason that my Dell Wireless
HSPA 5530 built-in 3G Mobile Device is working.

I have tried loading the bcm43xx modules after reading several posts on
Google but not able to get this working at all.

I have run CentOS on my servers for a while now and love it. Just this
last bit that holds me back from going fullt to CentOS.

My laptop is a Dell E6400 and I have tried with both x86 and x86_64
without luck.

Has anyone else got this working or have any clues to the steps I can take
to get closer to a working solution?

--
Rgds,

Janne Nyman