Old 09-27-2010, 09:17 PM

Default "Open Source Development + Tools" - Book/Resource?

Jim Davis wrote:
> There's a review just now on Slashdot of a book that covers autoconf
> and friends -- it sounds like it would cover at least some of what
> you're after. There's an older O'Reilly book on Make that might be
> helpful too.

Um, wait, how long?! Right, 14 years ago, I was *really* heavily working
on makefiles, and the O'Reilly book is indispensable. Also, to the best of
my knowledge, and I have looked at current makefiles, it's still standard,
so I'd strongly recommend it.

mark