Old 09-25-2010, 10:36 AM
"Robert P. J. Day"

Default does having a centos wiki acct grant edit access?

i just registered for a centos wiki account, and was wondering if
this gives me edit capability. i'm prepping for the first of a number
of RHEL/centos basic admin courses and currently working my way thru
the wiki, collecting neat tricks and ideas and, occasionally, i'll
stumble over typoes -- some minor, some not so much.

for instance, here:

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/YumAndRPM#head-61731905d2e34ac343baeef06e5dd296aeed67b9

the command is listed as:

yum --disable "*" --enable "rpmforge" list available

i'm guessing that should actually be:

yum --disablerepo "*" --enablerepo "rpmforge" list available

no? but even if i got edit access, i'd still be happier if someone
eventually checked out any changes i made to validate them. whatever
works best.

rday

http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

Old 09-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Ned Slider

On 25/09/10 11:36, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> i just registered for a centos wiki account, and was wondering if
> this gives me edit capability. i'm prepping for the first of a number
> of RHEL/centos basic admin courses and currently working my way thru
> the wiki, collecting neat tricks and ideas and, occasionally, i'll
> stumble over typoes -- some minor, some not so much.
>
> for instance, here:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/YumAndRPM#head-61731905d2e34ac343baeef06e5dd296aeed67b9
>
> the command is listed as:
>
> yum --disable "*" --enable "rpmforge" list available
>
> i'm guessing that should actually be:
>
> yum --disablerepo "*" --enablerepo "rpmforge" list available
>
> no? but even if i got edit access, i'd still be happier if someone
> eventually checked out any changes i made to validate them. whatever
> works best.
>
> rday

No, an account does not automatically give you edit rights, and you need
to take this to the centos-docs list where a wiki editor will be happy
to make the edits for you.

Obtaining wiki edit rights isn't hard - you just need to demonstrate
that you wish to contribute.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:53 AM
"Robert P. J. Day"

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010, Ned Slider wrote:

> No, an account does not automatically give you edit rights, and you
> need to take this to the centos-docs list where a wiki editor will
> be happy to make the edits for you.

thanks muchly.