Old 09-24-2010, 05:04 PM
"Brunner, Brian T."

Default In the press, once again

> > Until Cygwin's developers decide the join the rest of the window's
> > universe in having an *uninstaller* it will remain "not installed -
> > ever" on many people's systems, including mine.
>
> IMO, a windows system with Cygwin and Cygwin tools isn't
> really a Windows system anymore; it is an crippled and ugly hybrid.

Cygwin rocks.
No Windows functionalities are lost by installing Cygwin.
Cygwin has the SAME uninstall that Windows does: install CentOS.
*THAT* unfortunately, loses many widely used Windows capabilities, like
support for most video games.
*THAT* is the reason I still have Windows at all!

Getting back to CentOS...

Old 09-24-2010, 05:08 PM
"James A. Peltier"

It was funny, but it would have been more efficient to use tar over netcat instead of CP or rsync to initially populate the directory. It would be a steady data stream to the network and wouldn't beat up on the file system as bad as rsync would.

Good read none the less.