Old 09-21-2010, 02:52 AM
"John R. Dennison"

Default Where can I find list of "Core" and "Base" install groups?

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 07:42:41PM -0700, Chad Woolley wrote:
> e.g. what packages are in them, as well as other groups or
> group-related options which may exist...

"man yum"; look for grouplist and groupinfo. grouplist
will give you a list of known groups and groupinfo will
give you details about a specific group.

John

--
The truth is, when all is said and done, one does not teach a subject, one
teaches a student how to learn it. Teaching may look like administering a

-- Jacques Barzun (30 November 1907-), French-born American scholar,
historian, critic and teacher, "Reasons to De-Test the Schools,"
New York Times, 11 October 1988

Old 09-21-2010, 02:52 AM
Fajar Priyanto

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Chad Woolley <thewoolleyman@gmail.com> wrote:
> e.g. what packages are in them, as well as other groups or
> group-related options which may exist...

yum groupinfo Base

man yum

Old 09-21-2010, 06:28 AM
Chad Woolley

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 7:52 PM, John R. Dennison <jrd@gerdesas.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 07:42:41PM -0700, Chad Woolley wrote:
>> e.g. what packages are in them, as well as other groups or
>> group-related options which may exist...
>
> * * * *"man yum"; look for grouplist and groupinfo. *grouplist
> * * * *will give you a list of known groups and groupinfo will
> * * * *give you details about a specific group.

Thanks, should have checked the manpage first.