Old 09-20-2010, 06:42 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"

Default Oracle's Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel for Oracle Linux!!!

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16997/oracle_rips_red_hat_and_sort_of_launches_a_new_lin ux

oracle: just another centos wanna-be?

rday

http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

Old 09-20-2010, 06:54 PM

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> http://blogs.computerworld.com/16997/oracle_rips_red_hat_and_sort_of_launches_a_new_lin ux
>
> oracle: just another centos wanna-be?

Um, this is news? I thought Oracle pushed "Unbreakable Linux" out the door
at *least* last year.

mark

Old 09-20-2010, 07:10 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> > http://blogs.computerworld.com/16997/oracle_rips_red_hat_and_sort_of_launches_a_new_lin ux
> >
> > oracle: just another centos wanna-be?
> >
> Um, this is news? I thought Oracle pushed "Unbreakable Linux" out
> the door at *least* last year.

read the article carefully. this isn't unbreakable linux, that *is*
old news. this is oracle's (alleged) followup.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:16 PM

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
>
>> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>> >
>> > http://blogs.computerworld.com/16997/oracle_rips_red_hat_and_sort_of_launches_a_new_lin ux
>> >
>> > oracle: just another centos wanna-be?
>> >
>> Um, this is news? I thought Oracle pushed "Unbreakable Linux" out
>> the door at *least* last year.
>
> read the article carefully. this isn't unbreakable linux, that *is*
> old news. this is oracle's (alleged) followup.

You're right - they've announced unbreakable unbreakable linux, u^2 linux.
<g>

But then, you have heard that in the latest release of Sun's, er, Oracle's
java, they changed the identifier to read Oracle, rather than Sun
Microsystems, and for some idiot java (sorry, I repeat myself) reason, a
fair number of packages out there, including ALL VERSIONS OF ECLIPSE for
the last 3-4 years, break, because they can't find those magic words,
rather than just looking at versions...?

mark

Old 09-20-2010, 07:57 PM

Top posting, I'll apologize also.

Hey, I appreciate the moderation - I've mentioned before, the general
Redhat list, we've gotten spams, and it takes days or weeks before the
alleged moderator gets around to answering a number of us and does
something.

mark