Old 09-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Timo Schoeler

Default Amazon Linux AMI based on CentOS?

Old 09-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Eric Feldhusen

It appears to be, based on the testing AMI I've deployed.

Eric Feldhusen

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net> wrote:

Hi,

a german IT news site [0] today posted that Amazon Linux AMI is based on

CentOS 5.5 -- is that true?

Maybe this would be stuff for the next newsletter...

Cheers,

Timo

Old 09-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Chad Woolley

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Eric Feldhusen
<efeldhusen.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> It appears to be, based on the testing AMI I've deployed.

What AMI id is this, please?

Thanks,
-- Chad

Old 09-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Chad Woolley

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Chad Woolley <thewoolleyman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Eric Feldhusen
> <efeldhusen.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It appears to be, based on the testing AMI I've deployed.
>
> What AMI id is this, please?

I'm curious, because the in the EC2 AWS console AMI browser, the only
his for "Amazon Images" and "Cent OS" platform is ami-7ea24a17, which
is an HVM image (can't be run in a regular non-HVM instance).