Old 11-08-2010, 01:17 PM
David Hrbáč

Default RHEL 6 potential release date???

Dne 17.9.2010 22:16, Tom Bishop napsal(a):
> Benn playing with the beta's and have looked around for a potential release
> date...Does anyone know what the likely date is??? Thanks....

http://translate.google.cz/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=cs&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=cs&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.r oot.cz%2Fclanky%2Flinuxalt-2010-datove-schranky-v-linuxu%2F&act=url
see "Radek Vokál told the date of issue of RHEL 6 which is scheduled for
10 November this year."
DH

Old 11-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Greg Bailey

David Hrbáč wrote:
> Dne 17.9.2010 22:16, Tom Bishop napsal(a):
>
>> Benn playing with the beta's and have looked around for a potential release
>> date...Does anyone know what the likely date is??? Thanks....
>>

> http://translate.google.cz/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=cs&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=cs&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.r oot.cz%2Fclanky%2Flinuxalt-2010-datove-schranky-v-linuxu%2F&act=url
> see "Radek Vokál told the date of issue of RHEL 6 which is scheduled for
> 10 November this year."
> DH

On Red Hat's home page, it says:

Join the Red Hat executive team on November 10th, 2010 for a live video
webcast.
Register now.

If I was a betting person, I'd put my money on November 10... at least
the CentOS devs have a couple of days to get the FAQ set up to properly
respond to the inevitable "When will CentOS 6 be out?" queries...

-Greg

Old 11-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Scott Robbins

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 07:22:55AM -0700, Greg Bailey wrote:

> Join the Red Hat executive team on November 10th, 2010 for a live video
> webcast.
> Register now.
>
> If I was a betting person, I'd put my money on November 10... at least
> the CentOS devs have a couple of days to get the FAQ set up to properly
> respond to the inevitable "When will CentOS 6 be out?" queries...

Greg, I was drinking soda when I read that. I only saved my monitor from
damage with my catlike reflexes. Of course, my cat is 14, but he still
has the moves.

Thanks for the morning laugh.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Old 11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Scott Robbins

> On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 07:22:55AM -0700, Greg Bailey wrote:
> >
> > Join the Red Hat executive team on November 10th, 2010 for a live video
> > webcast.
> > Register now.
> >
> > If I was a betting person, I'd put my money on November 10... at least

For what it's worth...for those who haven't seen.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhelv5-announce/2010-November/msg00000.html

So, now we can all start saying, when will 5.6 be ready.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Anya: I know what broke up him and Cordelia, you know. It was you!
And your lips!
Willow: No, it was not! Well, yes it was so, but... that was a
long time ago, do you think I'd do that again?
Anya: Why not?
Willow: Hello? Gay now!

Old 11-09-2010, 06:55 PM
"Morten P.D. Stevens"

2010/11/9 Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>:

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhelv5-announce/2010-November/msg00000.html
>
> So, now we can all start saying, when will 5.6 be ready. *

Hi,

RHEL 5.6 Beta:

> - bind 9.7 - improved DNSsec support
> - PHP 5.3 - support for namespaces

That sounds great

Best regards,

Morten

Old 11-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Juergen Gotteswinter

oh nice, seems that they upgraded php to 5.3? no more 5.1

Old 11-10-2010, 10:08 AM
"Morten P.D. Stevens"

2010/11/10 Juergen Gotteswinter <jg@internetx.de>:

> oh nice, seems that they upgraded php to 5.3? no more 5.1

No, that are additional packages. (called bind97 and php53)

For example:
yum install bind97-utils or
yum install php53-mysql

The old versions continue to be supported by Red Hat.

Best regards,

Morten