Old 01-20-2008, 05:45 AM
jarmo

Default service jexec

Started looking what services I actually having on and found
this "jexec". Tried to google it and found some info, but do not
understand its meaninig. Is it necessary and what does it do?

Please, short explanation for "dummie"

Jarmo

Old 01-20-2008, 08:53 AM
John R Pierce

jarmo wrote:

Started looking what services I actually having on and found
this "jexec". Tried to google it and found some info, but do not
understand its meaninig. Is it necessary and what does it do?

Please, short explanation for "dummie"

that might be Apache Tomcat, or another J2EE services engine.

a few tricks...

if you wonder what package a file is part of, do something like..

# rpm -qf /path/jexec

to finid out more about a specific package,

# rpm -qi packagename

or even

# rpm -ql packagename

(which lists all the files belonging to 'packagename'... often
including documentation files)