Old 11-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Les Mikesell

Default snapshots of server state with F/OSS software

Rogelio wrote:

On 11/23/07, Victor Padro <vpadro@gmail.com> wrote:

more info about what dd can do here<http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Applications_GUI_Multimedia/How_To_Do_Eveything_With_DD>

Thank you Victor. That gives me some ideas, actually.

If you want something like traditional backups but that doesn't take so
much space for the storage, look at backuppc
(http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/).

If you want image backups that don't take the time or space to copy the
unused disk space, look at clonezilla live:
http://clonezilla.sourceforge.net/clonezilla-live/.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 11-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Konstantinos Pachnis

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Rogelio wrote:
>> On 11/23/07, Victor Padro <vpadro@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> more info about what dd can do
>>> here<http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Applications_GUI_Multimedia/How_To_Do_Eveything_With_DD>
>>>

>> Thank you Victor. That gives me some ideas, actually.
>
> If you want something like traditional backups but that doesn't take
> so much space for the storage, look at backuppc
> (http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/).
>
> If you want image backups that don't take the time or space to copy
> the unused disk space, look at clonezilla live:
> http://clonezilla.sourceforge.net/clonezilla-live/.

G4L is also a good tool.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l