Old 08-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Max Hetrick

Default Latest BackupPC release in CentOS testing repo

BackupPC released 3.2.0 as a stable version a few weeks ago. The most
current release is 3.1.0 in the testing repository. Are there any plans
that this will be updated to 3.2.0 in the repo some time down the road?

Also, will the BackupPC package be moved out of testing and into extras
ever? Or are there reasons behind this that are more complicated, making
it not "stable" to be in extras? I've been running the 3.1.0 RPM for a
long time with no issues. Just curious.

Thanks!
Max

Old 08-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Les Mikesell

On 8/11/2010 12:40 PM, Max Hetrick wrote:
> BackupPC released 3.2.0 as a stable version a few weeks ago. The most
> current release is 3.1.0 in the testing repository. Are there any plans
> that this will be updated to 3.2.0 in the repo some time down the road?
>
> Also, will the BackupPC package be moved out of testing and into extras
> ever? Or are there reasons behind this that are more complicated, making
> it not "stable" to be in extras? I've been running the 3.1.0 RPM for a
> long time with no issues. Just curious.

To complicate this question a bit more - there is also a 3.1.0 version
in the epel repository and not much point of having a separate one in
centos-testing (or extras) with the danger of conflicts or different
configurations.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com