Old 08-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Agnello George

Default error on yum install of perl-File-Temp -- Transaction Check Error

Hi I am trying to install a per package* perl-File-Temp , but it gives a error like this , i ahve allso manullay removed this file from*/usr/share/man/man3/File::Temp.3pm.gz , but wen i do a yum install*perl-File-Temp ,it throws me the same error . Has any one come accross the same issuse and solved the same .*
================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ===============================================

*Package Arch Version Repository Size
================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ===============================================

Installing:
*perl-File-Temp noarch 0.22-1.el5.rf rpmforge 46 k

Transaction Summary

================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ===============================================
Install 1 Package(s)

Upgrade 0 Package(s)
:
:Transaction Check Error:
* file /usr/share/man/man3/File::Temp.3pm.gz from install of perl-File-Temp-0.22-1.el5.rf.noarch conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.8-32.el5_5.1.i386

--
Regards
Agnello D'souza

Old 08-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Agnello George

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 06:51:47AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 03:39:39PM +0530, Agnello George wrote:

> > Hi I am trying to install a per package *perl-File-Temp , but it gives a error

> > like this , i ahve allso manullay removed this file from /usr/share/man/man3/

> > File::Temp.3pm.gz , but wen i do a yum install perl-File-Temp ,it throws me the

> > same error . Has any one come accross the same issuse and solved the same .

> Yeah, it's a complete pain in the neck. *I've not found a force option

> with yum, but what I do, for example, in installing RT3, is use

> yum-downloader, do a download only of the rpmforge package

> (as in this case) and then do rpm --force -ivh <package>.

Sorry, hit send too soon--I should comment that there is always a risk

when using the --force option, and you do so at your own risk. However,

in the caes of perl modules, every conflict that *I've* run into has

always only been with man pages, and it hasn't caused an issue--for

me--but pleaes do be careful when using --force.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Wesley: *Wait for Faith.

*Buffy: *That could be hours. *The girl makes Godot look punctual.

well , wasnt getting it done the yum way , it works fine *using cpan .
*--
Regards
Agnello D'souza

Old 08-10-2010, 11:27 AM
John Doe

From: Agnello George <agnello.dsouza@gmail.com>
>Hi I am trying to install a per package perl-File-Temp , but it gives a error
>like this , i ahve allso manullay removed this file
>from /usr/share/man/man3/File::Temp.3pm.gz , but wen i do a yum
>install perl-File-Temp ,it throws me the same error . Has any one come accross
>the same issuse and solved the same .

Why do you want to install perl-File-Temp if the files are already included in
perl package...?

# rpm -ql perl | grep Temp
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/File/Temp.pm
/usr/share/man/man3/File::Temp.3pm.gz