Old 08-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Dan Burkland

Default Downgrade libgcc & gcc packages (is there a clean way)

Hello all,

I have been tasked with "fixing" one of our CentOS boxes by somehow downgrading the libgcc and gcc packages to a specific version (Required by the Oracle Grid Control client). Normally I'd just remove and reinstall the packages however removing libgcc is no fun as I found out the hard way it breaks pretty much every package including rpm & yum. Is there an elegant way to downgrade the currently installed libgcc & gcc packages?

Thanks,

Dan

Old 08-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Alan Hodgson

On Monday, August 09, 2010, Dan Burkland <dburklan@nmdp.org> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been tasked with "fixing" one of our CentOS boxes by somehow
> downgrading the libgcc and gcc packages to a specific version (Required
> by the Oracle Grid Control client). Normally I'd just remove and
> reinstall the packages however removing libgcc is no fun as I found out
> the hard way it breaks pretty much every package including rpm & yum. Is
> there an elegant way to downgrade the currently installed libgcc & gcc
> packages?

no.

--
"No animals were harmed in the recording of this episode. We tried but that
damn monkey was just too fast."

Old 08-09-2010, 06:12 PM

Alan Hodgson wrote:
> On Monday, August 09, 2010, Dan Burkland <dburklan@nmdp.org> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have been tasked with "fixing" one of our CentOS boxes by somehow
>> downgrading the libgcc and gcc packages to a specific version (Required
>> by the Oracle Grid Control client). Normally I'd just remove and
>> reinstall the packages however removing libgcc is no fun as I found out
>> the hard way it breaks pretty much every package including rpm & yum. Is
>> there an elegant way to downgrade the currently installed libgcc & gcc
>> packages?
>>

> no.

Why not yum downgrade gcc libgcc?

mark "or, um, just how far down do you need to go?"