Old 08-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Richard Gliebe

Default dhcp server - SOLUTION

On 8/9/10 7:15 AM Richard Gliebe wrote:
> Hi all,

dhcpd works as it should.

Problem was a Windows PC (my one and only PC for testing), which is in
an AD.

Testing which other PCs, which are in our smb workgroup works fine.

many thanks
Richard

Old 08-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Ross Walker

On Aug 9, 2010, at 9:23 AM, Richard Gliebe <richard.gliebe@fhv.at> wrote:

> On 8/9/10 7:15 AM Richard Gliebe wrote:
>> Hi all,
>
> dhcpd works as it should.
>
> Problem was a Windows PC (my one and only PC for testing), which is in
> an AD.
>
> Testing which other PCs, which are in our smb workgroup works fine.

To get it to work for AD clients you need to enter it as an authoritative DHCP server.

-Ross

Old 08-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Eero Volotinen

2010/8/9 Ross Walker <rswwalker@gmail.com>:
> On Aug 9, 2010, at 9:23 AM, Richard Gliebe <richard.gliebe@fhv.at> wrote:
>
>> On 8/9/10 7:15 AM Richard Gliebe wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>
>> dhcpd works as it should.
>>
>> Problem was a Windows PC (my one and only PC for testing), which is in
>> an AD.
>>
>> Testing which other PCs, which are in our smb workgroup works fine.
>
> To get it to work for AD clients you need to enter it as an authoritative DHCP server.

How to set this? on dhcpd or on ad controller?

--
Eero

Old 08-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Ross Walker

On Aug 9, 2010, at 10:05 AM, Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@iki.fi> wrote:

> 2010/8/9 Ross Walker <rswwalker@gmail.com>:

>>> dhcpd works as it should.
>>>
>>> Problem was a Windows PC (my one and only PC for testing), which is in
>>> an AD.
>>>
>>> Testing which other PCs, which are in our smb workgroup works fine.
>>
>> To get it to work for AD clients you need to enter it as an authoritative DHCP server.
>
> How to set this? on dhcpd or on ad controller?

In AD with the DHCP mgmt tool and manually enter the IP address(es) of the server.

You can then have the server register IPs in DNS on behalf of the clients as well.

-Ross