Old 08-08-2010, 07:08 AM
JohnS

Default CentOS 5.5 : Installing Sources where they are visibletosystem(VBOX driver install)

On Sat, 2010-08-07 at 19:06 -0400, MGW-Discussions wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> How do I verify where the sources should be after the rpm install?
>
> How do I install only the headers, since that phrase keeps popping up
> but like many things on the net, no one ever actually verifies the
> process for making sure you have them installed, nor how to do it in the
> first place?

rpm -qa | grep kernel

> Here is the listing of kernel release and available rpms where I
> downloaded them.
>
> [sysadmin@comcserver1 tmp]$ uname -r
> 2.6.18-194.el5
> [sysadmin@comcserver1 tmp]$ ls |grep kernel |grep 2.6.18-194.el
> kernel-2.6.18-194.el5.src.rpm

Look here that is *NOT* what you need!

I'm listing all of them to make sure you are up to date...of which you
are not...

yum update kernel kernel-headers kernel-devel
Reboot the Machine to make sure your on the newest kernel.

Now for VirtualBox Run This to Compile the driver as root:
/etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup

Now your done...

John