Old 08-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Ned Slider

Default WAS/CentOS 5.5 latest revisions seem really slow//Now Where are the Kernels?

On 04/08/10 10:08, JohnS wrote:

> ----
> UPDATE !
>
> Replying to my self those you see missing are not on Red Hats Public
> Mirror Site so evidently those are not built to go in CentOs.
>
> I presume those come out in the fastrack repository? Can someone
> correct me here if I am wrong.

No, they are internal Red Hat builds and are not publicly released.
CentOS release every kernel that Red Hat releases. Typically Red Hat
will only release a kernel when a security issue makes it pertinent to
do so and in the mean time there are often a number of internal bug fix
releases that don't get released to customers or the public.

FasTrack typically contains trivial bug fixes that will get rolled into
the next update set, but are made available early via the FasTrack
channel to those that wish to consume them:

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/rhel-server-fastrack-errata.html