Old 08-04-2010, 02:41 PM
"Brunner, Brian T."

Default how to dual boot centos with redhat?

This sounds like a gen-u-ine spammer.

Can the mailing list be set to recognize and flag particular senders
(Hadi for example), and reply such with a page of links to FAQs, RTFM's
and list-purpose/posting guidelines?

Old 08-04-2010, 02:43 PM
"Brunner, Brian T."

> Here we are thinking
> we're being punked by an idiot, missing the possibility that
> we're being punked by a space alien idiot.

Fixed

Old 08-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Kahlil Hodgson

On 04/08/10 00:24, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
> Fascinating. Could this be an AI, or a sort of Eliza? Perhaps its an alien
> probe gathering data on our network infrastructure by methodically
> generating questions to our lists. No human being would simultaneously need
> to accomplish the above on three machines at once - certainly not with the
> stated goal of moving an older CentOS to a USB stick, when CentOS isn't even
> on two of the boxes. Here we are thinking we're being punked by an idiot,
> missing the possibility that we're being punked by a space alien AI.

Damn! You bet me to it! I've always had a faint suspicion that HADI was
a bot. Perhaps used for nefarious Search Engine optimisation or maybe a
misguided plugin to RT or InfraActive.

Kal

Old 08-05-2010, 02:35 AM
Rajagopal Swaminathan

Greetings,

On 8/5/10, Kahlil Hodgson <kahlil.hodgson@dealmax.com.au> wrote:
> On 04/08/10 00:24, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
>
> Damn! You bet me to it! I've always had a faint suspicion that HADI was
> a bot.

aaaargh.. I was just googling for some information on Snort IDS and the such.

Now this has just made my life more miserable.....

Any suggestions for a true blue white intrusion detection system /
identity protection systems please...

(Please dont read any racism in this post. The colourfulness of the
expression in the most eminent centos list is being experimented with
and, seriously, could somebody point me to the thread on the IDS few
months back, Thanks)

Thanks,

Regards

Rajagopal