Old 08-02-2010, 12:28 PM
cliff here

Default JBD: failed to read block at offset

Im getting errors like JBD: failed to read block at offset 4360 on a raid 5 parition , have run several fcsk on it.... are these Journal errors recoverable? I've done a physical scan of the hard disks with HP insight manager as well

NOTICE: This message, including all attachments, is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to its intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying "Received in error" and immediately delete this message and all its attachments.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Tsuyoshi Nagata

(2010/08/02 21:28), cliff here wrote:
> Im getting errors like JBD: failed to read block at offset 4360 on a
> raid 5 parition , have run several fcsk on it.... are these Journal
> errors recoverable?

If its software bug, reformating may solve the problem.
or your raid5 of 2-3 disks are broken.
(raid 5 can't recovery with 2 disk failures.)