-   -   hplip under CentOS-5.5 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/405961-hplip-under-centos-5-5-a.html)

Timothy Murphy 07-29-2010 11:19 PM

hplip under CentOS-5.5

Is anyone successfully using hplip under CentOS?
When I try to print on my HP Officejet J4580
I always get the error
----------------------------------
Printer Filter "foomatic-rip-hplip" for printer "oj" not available:
No such file or directory
----------------------------------

What I find puzzling is that I have googled for this,
and it appears there has been the same problem with hplip
for over a year.

I'm using hplip-1.6.7-4.1.el5.4.x86_64 .

Milos Blazevic 07-29-2010 11:41 PM

hplip under CentOS-5.5

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is anyone successfully using hplip under CentOS?
> When I try to print on my HP Officejet J4580
> I always get the error
> ----------------------------------
> Printer Filter "foomatic-rip-hplip" for printer "oj" not available:
> No such file or directory
> ----------------------------------
>
> What I find puzzling is that I have googled for this,
> and it appears there has been the same problem with hplip
> for over a year.
>
> I'm using hplip-1.6.7-4.1.el5.4.x86_64 .

According to HP website your printer is not supported by hplip drivers
arriving with EL5.

Try installing the one from the website provided below:
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install_wizard/index.html

--
*Milos Blazevic*

Signature