-   -   Questions about clamd, amavisd and squidclamav (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/405759-questions-about-clamd-amavisd-squidclamav.html)

Kevin C 07-29-2010 03:48 PM

Questions about clamd, amavisd and squidclamav

Hi list,

I have a small server with a Postfix, amavisd and ClamAV installed and
works fine. I install a squid proxy with squidclamav. Clamav works with
/etc/clamd.d/amavisd.conf, but squidclamav cannot connect through the
Unix socket in /var/spool/amavisd/clamd.sock.

How can I configure clamav to create another Socket in
/var/spool/squid/clamd.sock for example ? The service is clamd.amavisd,
how can I change it to a more standard clamd deamon.

Thanks a lot

Kevin

Lars Hecking 07-29-2010 04:09 PM

Kevin C writes:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a small server with a Postfix, amavisd and ClamAV installed and
> works fine. I install a squid proxy with squidclamav. Clamav works with
> /etc/clamd.d/amavisd.conf, but squidclamav cannot connect through the
> Unix socket in /var/spool/amavisd/clamd.sock.
>
> How can I configure clamav to create another Socket in
> /var/spool/squid/clamd.sock for example ? The service is clamd.amavisd,
> how can I change it to a more standard clamd deamon.

Configure clamd for a TCPSocket on TCPAddr 127.0.0.1.
http://squidclamav.darold.net/config.html shows how to configure squidclamav
in that case.