-   -   LiveCD on USB won't boot (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/405436-livecd-usb-wont-boot.html)

Michael Nausch 07-28-2010 09:49 PM

LiveCD on USB won't boot

HI,

I tried to build my own liveCD on USB-device. I've formatted my
usb-stick:

# mkdosfs -F 32 -n usbdisk /dev/sda1

Then I copied the iso-image to my stick:

# livecd-iso-to-disk CentOS-5.5-i386-LiveCD.iso /dev/sda1

After that I tried to boot with that new device:

# qemu -hda /dev/sda -m 256

But, then I become this error-message:

"Initial menu has no LABEL entries!"

The same shit happens if I try to boot my host with that usb-device?

Any idea? Any hint 4 me?

ttyl,
Django

cornel panceac 07-29-2010 05:17 AM

LiveCD on USB won't boot

| Any idea? Any hint 4 me?

try unetbootin
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
*

--

Among the maxims on Lord Naoshige's wall, there was this one: "Matters of great concern should be treated lightly." Master Ittei commented, "Matters of small concern should be treated seriously."

(Ghost Dog : The Way of The Samurai)

Michael Nausch 07-29-2010 08:33 AM

LiveCD on USB won't boot

Hello,

Quoting cornel panceac <cpanceac@gmail.com>:

try unetbootin
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Building a netinstall-usb-device is not my problem. I killed my grub
menu.lst on one of my hosts, so I need a rescue-usb-device. I thought
it were the best may to use a LiveCD for repairing my bootloader.

cerio!

Django
--
"Bonnie & Clyde der Postmaster-Szene!" approved by Postfix-God

http://wetterstation-pliening.info
http://dokuwiki.nausch.org