-   -   Open source tool like CPanel (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/405095-open-source-tool-like-cpanel.html)

James Corteciano 07-28-2010 08:30 AM

Open source tool like CPanel

Hi All,

Any could suggest open source tool like CPanel that could do the following?

-User access control
*user will be able to modify specific virtual host config file. Example
is /etc/httpd/conf.d/domain.com.conf
*user will be able to upload files to the specific webroot (example only
/var/www/vhosts/domain.com)
*user will be able to access MySQL server with can do create
database,upload database, etc...

I tried the webmin but it can't allow to set user to do modify specific
virtual host config files and upload files to the specific webroot assigned
by the admin/root.

Hope anyone could help me out.

Thanks

James

Dogsbody 07-28-2010 09:12 AM

Open source tool like CPanel

> Any could suggest open source tool like CPanel that could do the following?

Try BlueOnyx - http://www.blueonyx.it/

It started off as Cobalt (which was bought and destroyed by Sun
Microsystems), it then went open source, turned into BlueQuartz and then
turned into BlueOnyx. As such it's actually a very strong product that
is well maintained.

Dan

Rudi Ahlers 07-28-2010 09:20 AM

Open source tool like CPanel

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM, James Corteciano
<james@linux-source.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Any could suggest open source tool like CPanel that could do the following?
> -User access control
> ** *user will be able to modify specific virtual host config file. Example
> is /etc/httpd/conf.d/domain.com.conf
> ** *user will be able to upload files to the specific webroot (example only
> /var/www/vhosts/domain.com)
> ** *user will be able to access MySQL server with can do create
> database,upload database, etc...
> I tried the webmin but it can't allow to set user to do modify specific
> virtual host config files and upload files to the specific webroot assigned
> by the admin/root.
> Hope anyone could help me out.
> Thanks
> James

There are many, do a google search for "free linux hosting control panel"
Look @ Webmin + Virtualmin, or SysCP

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers