Old 07-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Rudi Ahlers

Default CentOS is apparently the number one web server Linux....

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Lamar Owen <lowen@pari.edu> wrote:
> SJVN's take on it:
> http://blogs.computerworld.com/16596/the_most_popular_web_server_linux_is

I can vouch for this as well. CentOS is probably the most widely used
OS for web servers, probably cause it's a free version of Redhat
Enterprise and people add value to that.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com
Technical Blog: http://Blog.SoftDux.com
Office: 087 805 9573
Cell: 082 554 7532

Old 07-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Lucian

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@softdux.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Lamar Owen <lowen@pari.edu> wrote:
>> SJVN's take on it:
>> http://blogs.computerworld.com/16596/the_most_popular_web_server_linux_is

> I can vouch for this as well. CentOS is probably the most widely used
> OS for web servers, probably cause it's a free version of Redhat
> Enterprise and people add value to that.

Web servers and not only.

Maybe because it's a free version of RedHat or maybe because the darn
thing just works!

We never get enough occasions to praise our favourite developers, so
here it goes:

Kudos to the CentOS folk for all their sweat and tears! Cheers!

And also kudos to RedHat! We all know how important they are.