Old 07-26-2010, 09:05 AM
sync

Default how to sync data between two ldap tools

Hi , all :

**** I* installed two ldap tools in two servers :
*one is called 389 ldap serverwhich is installed 389 ldap tool in it ,*
and the other is* called CentOS openldap server which is installed openldap tool in it .

So I have an problem* about the account synchronization in two servers.
That means ,* If I delete* one account from* the 389 ldap server,
then that account also does not exist* in the openldap server

Could someone give* me some suggestions ?

By the way, the two servers* are installed the CentOS 5.3 x86_64 .

Thanks in advance .....

Old 07-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Gordon Messmer

On 07/26/2010 02:05 AM, sync wrote:

> So I have an problem about the account synchronization in two servers.
> That means , If I delete one account from the 389 ldap server,
> then that account also does not exist in the openldap server

Is there any reason you don't run 389 DS on both systems? 389 and
OpenLDAP don't use the same synchronization protocol (AFAIK), so direct
sync is probably impossible. If you want to run them both, you'd need a
management frontend that made the same changes to both systems. I wrote
such a frontend a while ago, but it's partially incomplete.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 PM
John R Pierce

On 07/26/10 2:05 AM, sync wrote:
> Hi , all :
>
> I installed two ldap tools in two servers :
> one is called 389 ldap serverwhich is installed 389 ldap tool in it ,
> and the other is called CentOS openldap server which is installed
> openldap tool in it .
>
> So I have an problem about the account synchronization in two servers.
> That means , If I delete one account from the 389 ldap server,
> then that account also does not exist in the openldap server
>
> Could someone give me some suggestions ?
>
> By the way, the two servers are installed the CentOS 5.3 x86_64 .

why do you have two seperate LDAP directories in the first place? If
you're running two directory servers for redundancy, then they probably
should be the same.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:11 AM
sync

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 3:47 AM, Gordon Messmer <yinyang@eburg.com> wrote:

On 07/26/2010 02:05 AM, sync wrote:

> So I have an problem *about the account synchronization in two servers.

> That means , *If I delete *one account from *the 389 ldap server,

> then that account also does not exist *in the openldap server

Is there any reason you don't run 389 DS on both systems? *389 and

OpenLDAP don't use the same synchronization protocol (AFAIK), so direct

sync is probably impossible. *If you want to run them both, you'd need a

management frontend that made the same changes to both systems. *I wrote

such a frontend a while ago, but it's partially incomplete.

Thanks for you and* John R Pierce* suggestions .