Old 07-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Silviu Hutanu

Default KVM iptables rules

After I installed kvm I noticed that some rules are appended automatically by some tools that come with kvm packages(I installed all KVM group with yum) .
The problem is that after I appended my rules I and used the /etc/init.d/iptables script to save changes in /etc/sysconfig/iptables I saw that after restarted the machine that tool appended the rules once again ... so now I have double entries for kvm rules.

Does anyone know how can I block this mysterious tool to append rules in my tables ?

Kind Regards,

Silviu Hutanu

*

Old 07-25-2010, 05:25 AM
aditya hilman

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 2:20 AM, Silviu Hutanu <silviuhutanu@gmail.com> wrote:
> After I installed kvm I noticed that some rules are appended automatically
> by some tools that come with kvm packages(I installed all KVM group with
> yum) .
> The problem is that after I appended my rules I and used the
> /etc/init.d/iptables script to save changes in /etc/sysconfig/iptables I saw
> that after restarted the machine that tool appended the rules once again ...
> so now I have double entries for kvm rules.
> Does anyone know how can I block this mysterious tool to append rules in my
> tables ?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Silviu Hutanu

virsh net-destroy default
virsh net-undefine default

Adit
http://simplyaddo.web.id
ym : science2rule

Old 07-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Silviu Hutanu

In this way I will disable the virtual NIC's , but I steel need networking .
I just want to get rid of the iptables rules inserted at boot by libvirt tools.

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 8:25 AM, aditya hilman <aditya.hilman@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 2:20 AM, Silviu Hutanu <silviuhutanu@gmail.com> wrote:

> After I installed kvm I noticed that some rules are appended automatically

> by some tools that come with kvm packages(I installed all KVM group with

> yum) .

> The problem is that after I appended my rules I and used the

> /etc/init.d/iptables script to save changes in /etc/sysconfig/iptables I saw

> that after restarted the machine that tool appended the rules once again ...

> so now I have double entries for kvm rules.

> Does anyone know how can I block this mysterious tool to append rules in my

> tables ?

> Kind Regards,

> Silviu Hutanu

virsh net-destroy default