Old 07-23-2010, 09:25 AM
John Doe

Default Building an install disk on a USB key manually or using unetbootin

From: David <david@adurotec.com>

> Has anyone successfully built a USB key for installing centos5.5 either
> manually or using a tool like unetbootin?
> I am trying to create one using the 64bit install DVD iso and so far the
> USB either won't boot (unetbootin) or the installation aborts after I
> select the iso location on the USB key (manual).

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
Either you can do most of it "manualy" (and learn a few things),
or you use others scripts/programs (seeAlternatives at the bottom)...

JD

Old 07-23-2010, 02:19 PM
David

I actually did follow this as the manual attempt at getting it to work;
unsuccessfully. I probably should have clarified it better in my
original email.

The USB boots, I get the install menu, the USB drivers, etc. are
installed and then I am prompted for the location of the iso. Once I
select the location and then the actual iso, the install aborts.

David

Old 07-23-2010, 03:38 PM
John Doe

From: David <david@adurotec.com>

> The USB boots, I get the install menu, the USB drivers, etc. are
> installed and then I am prompted for the location of the iso. Once I
> select the location and then the actual iso, the install aborts.

Is there an error message before it "aborts"?
I use a kickstrat so I am not sure but, I think you should not be prompted for
the iso location...
Did you add "method=hd:sda2:/centos" in syslinux.cfg?
It specifies the location of the ISO image(s).
If you are in a hurry, use the alternative methods (see Alternatives at the
bottom of th wiki page)...

JD