Old 07-22-2010, 05:30 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default Stress Test

I have an HP Server w/ a Smart Array controller I need to test. I always
used to use Inquisitor for this, but the hd tests are flaking out on the
cciss syntax and I don't have time to dig into it, the machine is essential
and I need to know whats needing to be replaced asap.

Anyone know a live cd based stress test that works on SA controllers?

Thanks!
jlc

Old 07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>I have an HP Server w/ a Smart Array controller I need to test. I always
>used to use Inquisitor for this, but the hd tests are flaking out on the
>cciss syntax and I don't have time to dig into it, the machine is essential
>and I need to know whats needing to be replaced asap.
>
>Anyone know a live cd based stress test that works on SA controllers?

Sorry guys, overlooked I was using the beta, the stable ver works...

Old 07-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Jorge Fábregas

On Thursday 22 July 2010 13:30:49 Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I have an HP Server w/ a Smart Array controller I need to test.

Also, don't forget to use the hpacucli tool (in order to get every detail on
the controller and disks. I recently discovered it and it's nice since you
can create scripts based on its output to alert you when a drive fails etc...

Best regards,
Jorge

Old 07-23-2010, 09:39 AM
John Doe

From: Joseph L. Casale <jcasale@activenetwerx.com>

> I have an HP Server w/ a Smart Array controller I need to test. I always
> used to use Inquisitor for this, but the hd tests are flaking out on the
> cciss syntax and I don't have time to dig into it, the machine is essential
> and I need to know whats needing to be replaced asap.
> Anyone know a live cd based stress test that works on SA controllers?

Did you try the HP Insight Diagnostics from the SmartStart CD?

JD

Old 07-23-2010, 03:02 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>Did you try the HP Insight Diagnostics from the SmartStart CD?

It was 3 faulty discs, heat aggravated such that it wasn't easy to diagnose.

Fixed...