Old 07-21-2010, 04:16 PM
camun

Default samba upgrade 3.0 - 3.x error convert passdb.tdb

Hello

after several days of searching, I have not found a definitive answer to the problem samba Migrating from 3.0.x to 3.3.x. (Migrating from 3.0.x to 3.3.x Can Fail to Update passdb.tdb Correctly (bug # 6195)*.

passdb.tdb break occurs in the file where the new samba starts.

Any suggestions or someone going through the same problem?

(I'm running samba 3.0.28 with upgrade to 3.5.4 (Sernet repo)[]s

Camun.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 AM
John Doe

From: camun <camun.ilha@gmail.com>
>after several days of searching, I have not found a definitive answer to the
>problem samba Migrating from 3.0.x to 3.3.x. (Migrating from 3.0.x to 3.3.x Can

>Fail to Update passdb.tdb Correctly (bug # 6195) .
>passdb.tdb break occurs in the file where the new samba starts.
>Any suggestions or someone going through the same problem?
>(I'm running samba 3.0.28 with upgrade to 3.5.4 (Sernet repo)

Did you post in the samba mailing list?
If not, you will get more answers...

JD

Old 07-22-2010, 03:07 PM
camun

Yes!
I posted on the samba list and found that there is a patch for version 3.3.*However, the patch must be applied in the / source ....*then be compiled.*The procedure and did not get the expected result.*Do the developers forgot to apply this patch to versions rpms??

From: camun <camun.ilha@gmail.com>

Old 07-22-2010, 03:44 PM
didi

Hey

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:07 PM, camun <camun.ilha@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes!
> I posted on the samba list and found that there is a patch for version
> 3.3.*However, the patch must be applied in the / source ....*then be
> compiled.*The procedure and did not get the expected result.*Do the
> developers forgot to apply this patch to versions rpms??

To see all the patches look at the source rpm [1]

[1] http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5.5/os/SRPMS/

If you want you can then patch it yourself and recompile (If it is
really necessary) .

Cheers Didi

--
Hoffmann Geerd-Dietger
http://contact.ribalba.de

Old 07-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Toby Bluhm

On 7/22/2010 11:07 AM, camun wrote:
> Yes!
> I posted on the samba list and found that there is a patch for version
> 3.3. However, the patch must be applied in the / source .... then be
> compiled. The procedure and did not get the expected result. Do the
> developers forgot to apply this patch to versions rpms??
>
> 2010/7/22 John Doe <jdmls@yahoo.com <mailto:jdmls@yahoo.com>>
>
> From: camun <camun.ilha@gmail.com <mailto:camun.ilha@gmail.com>>
> >after several days of searching, I have not found a definitive
> answer to the
> >problem samba Migrating from 3.0.x to 3.3.x. (Migrating from 3.0.x
> to 3.3.x Can
>
> >Fail to Update passdb.tdb Correctly (bug # 6195) .
> >passdb.tdb break occurs in the file where the new samba starts.
> >Any suggestions or someone going through the same problem?
> >(I'm running samba 3.0.28 with upgrade to 3.5.4 (Sernet repo)

Using Sernet rpms means you should be checking with the Sernet folks. I
believe the problem may be that Centos samba looks for the tdb files in
/var/cache/samba while Sernet looks in /var/lib/samba.

Centos has samba 3.3.8 in the samba3x rpms - should be a trivial update.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:51 PM
camun

Using Sernet rpms means you should be checking with the Sernet folks. I

believe the problem may be that Centos samba looks for the tdb files in

/var/cache/samba while Sernet looks in /var/lib/samba.

Yeah Toby!

I checked in both ..*/ Var / lib / samba ...*/ Var / cache / samba ...*I left the two with the same content ...*but ..*without success.*I noticed the change after upgrade dirs smb.

I also changed the source rpms ..*I went to Epel. repo!*Also without success ...*

[] 's
Camun