Old 07-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Jussi Hirvi

Default Fsck on mdraid array

Something seems to be wrong with my file systems, and I want to fsck
everything. But I cannot.

The setup consists of 2 hds, carrying 3 raid1 (ext3) file systems (boot,
/, swap). OS is up-to-date CentOS 5.

So I boot from CentOS 5.3 dvd in rescue mode, do not mount the file
systems, and try to run
fsck -y /dev/md0
fsck -y /dev/md1
fsck -y /dev/md2

For each try I get an error message: "Superblock could not be found..."
"The device does not seem to contain a valid ext2 filesystem..."

Well, of course not, the filesystem is ext3, not ext2.

I also tried fsck.ext3, but the error messages stay the same.

So, how could I fsck these arrays?

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland