Old 07-21-2010, 03:09 AM
Sameer Oak

Default disabling touchpad in CentOS 5.5

I've HP 520 laptop. I installed CentOS 5.5 a few days back. The laptop has some weird placing of touchpad that is frustrating me while typing.

Please advise me how to disable touchpad on CentOS 5.5.

- samoak.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:00 PM
ken

On 07/20/2010 11:09 PM Sameer Oak wrote:
> I've HP 520 laptop. I installed CentOS 5.5 a few days back. The laptop
> has some weird placing of touchpad that is frustrating me while typing.
>
> Please advise me how to disable touchpad on CentOS 5.5.
>
> --
> Regards,
> - samoak.

Find out what the driver module is and remove it.

--
Find research and analysis on US healthcare, health insurance,
and health policy at: <http://healthpolicydaily.blogspot.com/>

Old 07-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Rob Kampen

Sameer Oak wrote:
I've HP 520 laptop. I installed CentOS 5.5 a few days
back. The laptop has some weird placing of touchpad that is frustrating
me while typing.

Please advise me how to disable touchpad on CentOS 5.5.

why not disable in the bios?

- samoak.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Luigi Castro Cardeles

Hi,

try that:
/usr/bin/synclient TouchpadOff=1

i use that on Fedora.
[]'sLuigi Castro Cardeles

Old 07-21-2010, 06:19 PM
"Brunner, Brian T."

A plastic square/rectangle amounting to a large "credit card" for
thickness and resilience, placed over the mouse pad and buttons, will
keep your hands/palms from moving or clicking your touchpad/mouse while
you're typing. Said sheet can be removed as many times, and as often,
as needed to use the touchpad itself. This is faster than removing and
re-installing the pad driver.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Lucian

http://my.opera.com/patkoscsaba/blog/touchpad-on-off-in-linux