-   -   Fwd: Problem with yum (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/401861-fwd-problem-yum.html)

"James B. Byrne" 07-20-2010 09:25 PM

Fwd: Problem with yum

On Mon, July 19, 2010 16:01, James Hogarth wrote:
> Sent from Android mobile

> With the kernel logging an out of memory error? My first instinct
> would be
> to check free to see the status of RAM and swap and perhaps end
> unnecessary
> processes..

What I ended up doing was rebooting the server and that seems to
have cleared the problem. Trying yum clear all did not work as the
yum process stalled as before.

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241

James Hogarth 07-21-2010 07:24 AM

Fwd: Problem with yum

Well a reboot would have the consequence of killing all processes and free up memory...

Sent using Android mobile