Old 11-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

Default FreeType Bytecode Interpreter

On 11/24/2011 03:41 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> How about a RFE for centosplus?
> Even better, open an issue report - and offer to maintain the package in
> centosplus !

Let's assume I am willing to maintain it. For a package in fedora / EPEL
I would do an equivalent of git push (push the package in fedora's GIT),
koji build (build the package using fedora's builders ) and after that
I'd push the package to the testing repo; sometime later the package
would go to the stable repo or I'd be asked to fix "something" and I'd
go thru the whole process again. Everything but the very final push step
( which requires signing ) is done with no need for human intervention (
but mine ) and is identical for all maintainers ( i.e. this is the
regular flow)

What would be the exact procedure for centosplus ?

Old 11-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 11/24/2011 04:12 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> Let's assume I am willing to maintain it. For a package in fedora / EPEL
> What would be the exact procedure for centosplus ?

open an issue request at bugs.centos.org, include why you think it
should be a part of the main centos.org repo's.

submit a srpm, find an existing centos developer / contributor to
sponsor + audit it - once its in place, we setup a git repo with your
key, setup a bugs.centos.org component with that name and your id as
responsible for it, you can then request builds using an irc interface,
which are pushed to the testing repo.

sign and move to release would need one of the key holders to verify and
push accordingly. Btw, unless it is a component that overwrites a distro
rpm, it can goto the contrib repo rather than the centosplus repo.

- KB

Old 11-27-2011, 05:12 PM

Karanbir Singh writes:

>> How about a RFE for centosplus?
>
> Even better, open an issue report - and offer to maintain the package in
> centosplus !
>
> - KB

Sorry to pup-up so late but I'm very busy these days.
I already have this freetype package for C6 in my personal repo, actually
I've been using it for some days now without problems.
http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el6/SRPMS/freetype-freeworld-2.4.4-6.el6.nux.src.rpm

(packages also available for i386 and x86_64)

It's a shameless rebuild from rpmfusion. I guess it could be a good starting
point.

--
Nux!
www.nux.ro

Old 11-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Marcus Moeller

Hi again.

>>> How about a RFE for centosplus?
>>
>> Even better, open an issue report - and offer to maintain the package in
>> centosplus !
>>
>> - KB
>
> Sorry to pup-up so late but I'm very busy these days.
> I already have this freetype package for C6 in my personal repo, actually
> I've been using it for some days now without problems.
> http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el6/SRPMS/freetype-freeworld-2.4.4-6.el6.nux.src.rpm
>
> (packages also available for i386 and x86_64)
>
> It's a shameless rebuild from rpmfusion. I guess it could be a good starting
> point.

To enable Bytecode Interpreter, you just have to rebuild the original
(EL) freetype package with the '--with bytecode_interpreter' option set.

Greets
Marcus