Old 07-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Silviu Hutanu

Default 2X app server alternatives

Does anyone know any oss alternatives to 2x aplication server ?

Regards,

Silviu Hutanu

Old 07-18-2010, 06:03 PM
John R Pierce

On 07/18/10 2:45 AM, Silviu Hutanu wrote:
> Does anyone know any oss alternatives to 2x aplication server ?

thats MS Windows Terminal Server based, isn't it?

Old 07-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Eero Volotinen

2010/7/18 Silviu Hutanu <silviuhutanu@gmail.com>:
> Does anyone know any oss alternatives to 2x aplication server ?

No-machine ?

--
Eero

Old 07-18-2010, 07:11 PM
kalinix

On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 21:56 +0300, Eero Volotinen wrote:

2010/7/18 Silviu Hutanu <silviuhutanu@gmail.com>:
> Does anyone know any oss alternatives to 2x aplication server ?

No-machine ?

--
Eero

LTSP

http://www.ltsp.org/

--

Calin

Key fingerprint = 37B8 0DA5 9B2A 8554 FB2B 4145 5DC1 15DD A3EF E857

You know you're a little fat if you have stretch marks on your car. -- Cyrus, Chicago Reader 1/22/82

Old 07-19-2010, 01:34 AM
John R Pierce

On 07/18/10 11:15 AM, Silviu Hutanu wrote:
> Yeap, but it will be nice to be based on VNC, actually I use Ulteo
> Virtual Desktop ( http://www.ulteo.com ) I'm trying to figure out if
> there is a better alternative.2X app server is just an example of a
> better alternative.
>
> NX could be also an alternative.

I suspect you'll need to define what your requirements are before
discussing alternatives to some commercial package. 2X runs windows
apps on a windows server, using the RDP protocol. apparently if
you're considering VNC and other such things, none of those are
requirements, leading me to wonder just what your requirements are.

otoh, this discussion really has nothing to do with CentOS per se.