-   -   Xen / KVM CentOS-5 How To Document (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/400274-xen-kvm-centos-5-how-document.html)

07-16-2010 05:47 PM

Xen / KVM CentOS-5 How To Document

Does anyone have any idea where I can locate
a 'GOOD' how-to document on implementing Xen and/or KVM on a CentOS-5.3
system? *I'm currently running VMware Server 2.0.2, but I would like
to make the move to the open source virtualization - if possible. *What
I found is somewhat short on the networking piece. *It doesn't matter
if it's TUI or GUI.

Thanks,

Gene Poole

gene.poole@macys.com

Christopher Mills 07-16-2010 05:58 PM

Xen / KVM CentOS-5 How To Document

I use the article on the centos wiki for Xen.

Markus Falb 07-16-2010 07:57 PM

Xen / KVM CentOS-5 How To Document

Mike Hanby 07-16-2010 10:09 PM

Xen / KVM CentOS-5 How To Document

This is the full upstream manual, not really a how to, but a good reference to keep bookmarked:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.5/html/Virtualization_Guide/index.html

As for a how to, this ones pretty basic but might be enough to answer your questions:
http://www.banym.de/projects/centos-fedora/install-kvm-on-centos-5.4

Mike