-   -   Upgrading MySQL (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/392102-upgrading-mysql.html)

Karanbir Singh 06-28-2010 06:30 PM

Upgrading MySQL

On 28/06/2010 18:21, Susan Day wrote:
> Hi;
> I'm trying to install django and got this error:
>
> django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: MySQLdb-1.2.1p2 or newer is
> required; you have 1.2.1
>
> So then I tried yum upgrade mysql and got this:

You should go and talk about this in the django lists, you clearly need
very basic help.

Also, that message indicates you need a newer MySQL-python package, not
mysql. Have you considered starting with a very basic tutorial on django
and python first ? Getting some of the concepts right, early on, will
help make sure you go a lot further.

- KB

Jakub Jedelský 06-28-2010 07:59 PM

Upgrading MySQL

I'm trying to install django and got this error:

django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: MySQLdb-1.2.1p2 or newer is required; you have 1.2.1

So then I tried yum upgrade mysql and got this:

No Packages marked for Update

Please advise.
TIA,
Susan

you can use package MySQL-python from CentOS Testing repo - there is newer version (1.2.2) which works ok. I'm using it without any problems
--
Jakub Jedelský

e-mail: jakub.jedelsky@gmail.com

Meenoo Shivdasani 06-28-2010 09:15 PM

Upgrading MySQL

> django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: MySQLdb-1.2.1p2 or newer is
> required; you have 1.2.1

To identify what package contains a specific file, you can use yum search.

For example:

yum search MySQLdb

returns

MySQL-python.x86_64 : An interface to MySQL

therefore MySQLdb can be updated by updating MySQL-python.

Jack Fredrikson 10-28-2011 05:48 PM

Upgrading MySQL

Hi;
Upon trying to run django, I get this error:

ImproperlyConfigured: MySQLdb-1.2.1p2 or newer is required; you have 1.2.1

If I run yum update mysql I don't upgrade (expected). What do?
TIA,
Jack

John Doe 10-31-2011 11:47 AM

Upgrading MySQL

From: Jack Fredrikson <jackfredrikson@yahoo.com>
> Upon trying to run django, I get this error:
> ImproperlyConfigured: MySQLdb-1.2.1p2 or newer is required; you have 1.2.1
> If I run yum update mysql I don't upgrade (expected). What do?

Why are you trying to update mysql when the error says 'MySQLdb'?
Check also the version... mysql is 5.x; not 1.x.
# yum whatprovides */MySQLdb
MySQL-python-1.2.1... on CentOS 5
MySQL-python-1.2.3... on CentOS 6.

How did you install django?
There are django packages from repoforge and elrepo...

JD