Old 11-24-2007, 12:16 AM
"Akemi Yagi"

Default Adobe products under Linux?

On Nov 23, 2007 4:28 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:

> AFAIK, no Adobe applications run under any form of Linux, except via VM
> emulation. If you're running Adobe apps on Windows in a VM under
> Linux, and matlab/mathematica on Linux natively, copying data between
> these will be awkward at best.

I run Windows as a vmware guest under a Linux host. I have an ext3
partition that holds all data which Windows accesses through host's
samba and Linux accesses natively. I've had this setup for quite a
number of years without any problem. This also makes backup of
Windows data files very easy.

Akemi

Old 11-24-2007, 12:24 AM
John R Pierce

Akemi Yagi wrote:

AFAIK, no Adobe applications run under any form of Linux, except via VM
emulation. If you're running Adobe apps on Windows in a VM under
Linux, and matlab/mathematica on Linux natively, copying data between
these will be awkward at best.

I run Windows as a vmware guest under a Linux host. I have an ext3
partition that holds all data which Windows accesses through host's
samba and Linux accesses natively. I've had this setup for quite a
number of years without any problem. This also makes backup of
Windows data files very easy.

not easy like copy/pasting objects between apps on a single environment,
however.