Old 06-22-2010, 01:19 PM
JohnS

Default OT: Recommendation for a good Internationalized terminal software

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 07:23 -0400, Digimer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We've got server-based application that runs on CentOS. Until now,
> most of our customer's end-users have accessed the application using
> either PuTTY or Teraterm. I was asked yesterday to try and find
> internationalized add ons or alternatives for our new Asian customers
> (Japan, Korea and China atm).
>
> I figured if anyone would be able to recommend terminal emulation
> programs, it'd be you guys. So, would anyone be able to recommend any
> windows-based, Asian character set telnet/ssh terminal apps?
>
> Thanks! Sorry for being a bit off topic, too.
---
Teraterm does not support Intl?

John

Old 06-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Digimer

On 10-06-22 09:19 AM, JohnS wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 07:23 -0400, Digimer wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We've got server-based application that runs on CentOS. Until now,
>> most of our customer's end-users have accessed the application using
>> either PuTTY or Teraterm. I was asked yesterday to try and find
>> internationalized add ons or alternatives for our new Asian customers
>> (Japan, Korea and China atm).
>>
>> I figured if anyone would be able to recommend terminal emulation
>> programs, it'd be you guys. So, would anyone be able to recommend any
>> windows-based, Asian character set telnet/ssh terminal apps?
>>
>> Thanks! Sorry for being a bit off topic, too.
> ---
> Teraterm does not support Intl?
>
> John

Unless I am missing something, it seems to support German and Japanese
only. I also need Korean and Chinese. I'd guess it'd show the info in
the terminal itself in UTF8, but the menu would be nice to have in the
user's first language, too.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: linux@alteeve.com