-   -   OT: Recommendation for a good Internationalized terminal software (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/389319-ot-recommendation-good-internationalized-terminal-software.html)

JohnS 06-22-2010 01:19 PM

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 07:23 -0400, Digimer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We've got server-based application that runs on CentOS. Until now,
> most of our customer's end-users have accessed the application using
> either PuTTY or Teraterm. I was asked yesterday to try and find
> internationalized add ons or alternatives for our new Asian customers
> (Japan, Korea and China atm).
>
> I figured if anyone would be able to recommend terminal emulation
> programs, it'd be you guys. So, would anyone be able to recommend any
> windows-based, Asian character set telnet/ssh terminal apps?
>
> Thanks! Sorry for being a bit off topic, too. :)
---
Teraterm does not support Intl?

John

Digimer 06-22-2010 01:24 PM

On 10-06-22 09:19 AM, JohnS wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 07:23 -0400, Digimer wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We've got server-based application that runs on CentOS. Until now,
>> most of our customer's end-users have accessed the application using
>> either PuTTY or Teraterm. I was asked yesterday to try and find
>> internationalized add ons or alternatives for our new Asian customers
>> (Japan, Korea and China atm).
>>
>> I figured if anyone would be able to recommend terminal emulation
>> programs, it'd be you guys. So, would anyone be able to recommend any
>> windows-based, Asian character set telnet/ssh terminal apps?
>>
>> Thanks! Sorry for being a bit off topic, too. :)
> ---
> Teraterm does not support Intl?
>
> John

Unless I am missing something, it seems to support German and Japanese
only. I also need Korean and Chinese. :) I'd guess it'd show the info in
the terminal itself in UTF8, but the menu would be nice to have in the
user's first language, too.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: linux@alteeve.com