Old 06-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Gerhardus Geldenhuis

Default Querying netgroup information

Hi
I have been searching for commands to "debug" netgroup membership. I
am using netgroups provided by ldap. I can do a ldap query but it
seems a bit unwieldy to do. I have found a package on ubuntu called
ng-utils
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/ng-utils/0.7-1 which does
what I require and compiles very easily. It contains two commands
netgroup and innetgr to query netgroup membership with.

Two questions:
* Is there a similar package with similar commands to query netgroup
membership available for Centos? I have not been able to find such a
package yet.

* If there is no similar commands or packages available would it
generally be usefull enough to repackage in rpm for
Centos/Redhat/Fedora?

Regards

--
Gerhardus Geldenhuis

Old 06-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Joshua Gimer

* Is there a similar package with similar commands to query netgroup

membership available for Centos? I have not been able to find such a

package yet.

I believe that you can use the getent command that is built in to CentOS.

getent netgroup <netgroup name>

--
Thanks,
Joshua Gimer

---------------------------

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jgimer
http://twitter.com/jgimer
http://itsecops.blogspot.com/

Old 06-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Gerhardus Geldenhuis

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Joshua Gimer <jgimer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Gerhardus Geldenhuis
> <gerhardus.geldenhuis@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Two questions:
>> * Is there a similar package with similar commands to query netgroup
>> membership available for Centos? I have not been able to find such a
>> package yet.
>>

> I believe that you can use the getent command that is built in to CentOS.
>
> getent netgroup <netgroup name>
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Joshua Gimer

Thanks Joshua,
I have been using getent but it requires a bit of reformatting to make
it more readable at a glance. I guess you can write a wrapper script
for it...

Regards

--
Gerhardus Geldenhuis