Old 11-23-2007, 07:42 PM
fred smith

Default Team CentOS breaks though the 200 ranking barrier.

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 02:24:29PM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> Congratulations to all the CentOS folding@home team members for breaking
> through the 200 world ranking barrier. Its taken a bit of time but we've all
> helped to do it. Our next target is obviously to achieve 150th in the world
> ranking. But, to help achieve that we're going to need more members and more
> machines. So, if you think it sounds interesting and you want to learn more,
> then please have a look at http://www.sharons.org.uk/cf.html or ask in
> #centos-social on irc, or in the usual mailing list. Theres always someone on
> hand to advise or to point you in the direction of someone who could possibly
> help.
>
> Thanks everybody, and full steam ahead to the next target!
>
> Sharon.

Sharon:

I apologize, up front, for bothering you...

I've been contributing my CPU to the project ever since I saw this mail
from you.

Lately, however, I've been having a problem and can't find any way to
solve it, I'm hoping you can be so kind as to offer some helpful advice.

I keep getting this error:

Error: Attempt #xxx to get work failed, and no other work to do.

I can't log in when I go to the web site so I can't ask on the forums
for help with the problem. It's almost as if my login has been disabled,
or something similar.

Can you advise me how to resolve this issue?

Thanks!
community.
--Roger Ebert, December, 1996