Old 11-23-2007, 06:03 PM
"Victor Padro"

Default snapshots of server state with F/OSS software

more info about what dd can do here

On Nov 23, 2007 11:54 AM, Frank Cox <
theatre@sasktel.net> wrote:
On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:44:12 -0800

Rogelio <scubacuda@gmail.com> wrote:

> But won't that mean that I dd the *entire* hard drive, and not just that

> which has changed?

That's what a snapshot is.

If what you want is not a snapshot but something else instead, then dd is
probably not the best tool for the job. *You could probably run a diff between

the previous image and the current image, but I'm sure there is a better way.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~
http://www.melvilletheatre.com

Old 11-23-2007, 06:36 PM