-   -   snapshots of server state with F/OSS software (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/3706-snapshots-server-state-f-oss-software.html)

Frank Cox 11-23-2007 04:54 PM

snapshots of server state with F/OSS software

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:44:12 -0800
Rogelio <scubacuda@gmail.com> wrote:

> But won't that mean that I dd the *entire* hard drive, and not just that
> which has changed?

That's what a snapshot is.

If what you want is not a snapshot but something else instead, then dd is
probably not the best tool for the job. You could probably run a diff between
the previous image and the current image, but I'm sure there is a better way.