Old 05-12-2010, 07:18 PM
C H

Default .vimrc File Disappeared and Saw vimrc and .viminfo Files in My Home Directory

hello,

> I'm not sure what's going on ;-( updated a .vimrc file in my home directory with some customized settings last week. I'm looking at my home directory now, that .vimrc file disappeared for no reason and I saw a file called vimrc and .viminfo in the home directory. Of course, it didn't take my customized settings when I used vim. Is that a normal behavior? Am I missing something here?

Looking at http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/usr_05.html#vimrc-intro and http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/starting.html#vimrc it doesn't seem to be normal behavior (I don't use vim though). What does stat vimrc and stat .viminfo show? It will give you an idea when the file this file was created. It is quite possible that there is a system wide setting that your sysadmin setup to source those files as the local configs.

regards
CH