Old 05-12-2010, 03:12 PM

Default automount complaints

Folks,

I've been getting complaints in our logfiles, such as
May 12 10:07:07 <servername> automount[3415]: update_negative_cache: key
".git" not found in map.

a) Is there a FAQ on automount that might cover some of this? Googling
hasn't found one for me?
b) Any clues as to what might be causing this? I see a lot of it,
in spurts.

mark

Old 05-13-2010, 04:54 PM
James Pearson

m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've been getting complaints in our logfiles, such as
> May 12 10:07:07 <servername> automount[3415]: update_negative_cache: key
> ".git" not found in map.
>
> a) Is there a FAQ on automount that might cover some of this? Googling
> hasn't found one for me?
> b) Any clues as to what might be causing this? I see a lot of it,
> in spurts.

At a guess, someone or something is trying to access a file/directory
called '.git' in your automount directory.

You might want to try and go something like:

cd /mntpoint/thisdoesnotexist

where /mntpoint is name of an automount directory (e.g. defined in
/etc/auto.master) and see if you get a log message saying something
similar about 'thisdoesnotexist'

James Pearson