Old 05-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Chaitanya Yanamadala

Default Configuring proftpd

Hai

can anyone help me configuring the proftpd for a new user.
i have already googled for this one and have found a lot of documents and tried almost all, but none looks to be working. so if anyone have a known way help me out.

Chaitanya

Old 05-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Karanbir Singh

On 05/12/2010 11:32 AM, Chaitanya Yanamadala wrote:
> Hai
>
> can anyone help me configuring the proftpd for a new user.
> i have already googled for this one and have found a lot of documents
> and tried almost all, but none looks to be working. so if anyone have a
> known way help me out.

did you go talkto the proftpd user list ?

CentOS ships vsftpd, which has very good man pages and the example
config file already there would give you a good idea about what and how
it does things.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Chaitanya Yanamadala

hai karan
*i have made some configuration to the vsftpd service and which has made my ftp gone wrong. now disabled the vsftpd service and using the proftpd.

thank you for the suggestion of proftpd users list

Chaitanya