Old 05-12-2010, 10:29 AM
James Bensley

Default Rsync Directories

Hey List,

I am setting up an rsync daemon (not something I normally do, I
normally use rsync over ssh but I'm trying to set up an rsync server
and have clients sync their local directories with what is on the
server) and I am wondering about the directory entries within the
rsyncd.conf.

You can add entries in the rsyncd.conf file for directories such as;

[Example]
comment = "My example directory"
path /to/example/dir

When using rsync on the client side, how do I specify to only sync the
directories in my rsync daemon config file. As I said, I normally use
rsync over ssh and just rsync <options> /local/dir
user@host:/remote/dir how can I say "rsync <options> user@host
/local/folderlist" and have it sync all the folders configured in the
server's rsync.conf to a folder on a client called /local/folderlist?

James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/