Old 05-11-2010, 04:09 PM
"nate"

Default clients obtaining dhcp addys slowly

aurfalien@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is unusual for me to observe.
>
> I've a dhcp server running on Centos 5.3 and it takes a while to
> answer clients asking for an address.

You happen to be running STP at the edge switch ports? If so then
disable it.

nate

Old 05-11-2010, 04:16 PM

On May 11, 2010, at 12:09 PM, nate wrote:

> aurfalien@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is unusual for me to observe.
>>
>> I've a dhcp server running on Centos 5.3 and it takes a while to
>> answer clients asking for an address.
>
> You happen to be running STP at the edge switch ports? If so then
> disable it.
>
> nate

Funny you mention that, i was just about to disable that.

Just a note, the only thing thats changed is my switch, I was using a
Foundry and everything ran fine, now I'm using some POS DLINK (it
actually ran some poor fool $1,400).

I don't really have a choice with the DLINK for now had to invest $
elsewhere.