Old 05-07-2010, 12:18 PM
testwreq wreq

Default Apache Tomcat/5.5.23

I have a new instllation of tomcat on centos. My $CATALINA_HOME*is /usr/share/tomcat5 and tomcat is running.
*
http://localhost:8080 brings up the tomcat page & one of the option is "Administration". I would like to use this web interface and even give some of the test webapp users ability to restart tomcat.

*
According to the home page, users are defined in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml. Currently my file has the following content
*more tomcat-users.xml
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
* <role rolename="tomcat"/>
* <role rolename="role1"/>
* <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>

* <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
* <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
</tomcat-users>

I tried logging to the administration web interface with tomcat/tomcat but it did not work. Can anyone guide to configure this file? I am very new to tomcat.
*
Thank you.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Ryan Manikowski

[...]

Are you new to tomcat? If so it would be in your best interested to
read:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/manager-howto.html

The apache foundation provides extensive documentation for Tomcat. It
is a wealth of knowledge.

>From the page above:

"The username and password you enter do not matter, as long as they
identify a valid user in the users database who possesses the role manager."

--
Ryan Manikowski

]] Devision Media Services LLC [[
www.devision.us