Old 05-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Craig White

Default ldap: adding user to multiple groups

On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 10:38 -0700, aurfalien@gmail.com wrote:
> On May 8, 2010, at 10:28 AM, Craig White wrote:

> > No - I just checked and the same thing still exists even if I add the
> > 'top' objectclass to a 'non-samba' group but if it's a samba group, I
> > have no problem adding/removing members using webmin. It would seem to
> > be a problem with the webmin module.
> >
> > Just for kicks, I've been playing with it and it seems to be working
> > now
> > (now that I've turned logging on so I could report to Jamie).
> >
> > I did notice that it seems to help to put something (anything) in the
> > description field.
>
> Wow, thanks for the r&d Craig!
>
> sambaGroupMapping aye?
>
> I don't use samba and have my Windows clients auth against ldap via
> pGina which is an ldap client for Windows.
>
> However even if i don't use samba for client auth, is there a way to
> add it in my config just so I can mod group members?
----
I wouldn't add it in if you are not using it.

I would simply try adding a 'description' to an LDAP group and then see
if you can add/delete members to that group.

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:27 PM

On May 8, 2010, at 11:12 AM, Craig White wrote:

> On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 10:38 -0700, aurfalien@gmail.com wrote:
>> On May 8, 2010, at 10:28 AM, Craig White wrote:
> I would simply try adding a 'description' to an LDAP group and then
> see
> if you can add/delete members to that group.

BRILLIANT!!!

Go Craig!

That worked.

Just something in the description field.

Wow, elegant indeed!

Thanks a lot.